I’ve only been blogging for a short while and consider myself a newbie, so it came as a surprise when Sueju Takeshi nominated me for this. I am honoured and inspired, Takeshi, by your writing and outlook in life. For those who haven’t read his blog, please do. A polymath, fluent in several languages including Filipino and English (with advanced to working knowledge of Thai, Japanese and Chinese too), along with a passion for the sciences, Takeshi is a budding writer who has faced a number of challenges growing up but has overcome them with his positive attitude and diligence. A very young writer too – he has many years ahead of him to explore and hone his prose.
The rules for winning the award are simple:
- Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules and display the award image.
- Include 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
- Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 facts about myself:
- My favourite book is 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Because of this book, Colombia is on my list of places to visit.
- I’ve kept a journal since grade 7, and have consistently written in it until I’ve started blogging. Journaling and blogging are very different, but I’m starting to see the merits of blogging to sooth myself and organise my thoughts, which I’ve traditionally found through journaling.
- I don’t like kiwi fruit. It leaves me a persistently sour and bitter aftertaste which I find hard to overcome.
- I’m generally perceived as a nice person, generous with my time and ladylike, but there’s another side of me that cusses and can be coldheartedly businesslike, especially when it comes to bullies.
- I don’t trust people easily, but when I do I trust them with my life.
- I’m getting married next year! Excited but also a little scared.
- I love the smell of rain – that mixture of soil, grass and cloud puts a smile on my face – especially when I’m roaming around alone with my big umbrella.
I nominate the following blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award:
- Angela Hue
- Christopher de Voss
- Cooking with a Wallflower
- Cut to the Chase – Noah Sin’s Blog
- Inconspicuous Creation
- Julia Altork
- Lark and Bloom
- Once Upon Your Prime…
- Ron Mayhew
- Sweat, Tears and Digital Ink
- The Indisputable Dirt
- The Reluctant Baptist
- Tremendous Times
Featured image credit http://tobaccofreefutures.org